Going anywhere for the first time can be a bit nerve-racking. Here’s a quick summary of what you can expect at ChristChurch Banstead:
- First of all we aren’t super-spiritual beings; we all had a ‘first day’ at church, and you’ll find we are a friendly crowd – if you don’t understand something please simply ask.
- We start our morning service at 10:15 – the first part of the services include a mix of songs and special items. The children then leave for their groups after about 20 minutes.
- After the children have left, we continue with songs, prayers, a Bible reading and a message based on the reading that is relevant to our modern lives.
- Every third Sunday morning there is an opportunity to share in communion at the end of the services.
- The services last for about an hour and a quarter, with tea and coffee afterwards. The services aim to finish a few minutes before the children’s programmes so that there is time to chat to each other before the children return.